The webinar moderator will discuss how academic libraries measure library service quality and what are the dimensions of the library experience users perceive.
Special focus on LibQUAL+ as an effective tool for benchmarking across time will highlight outcomes libraries have achieved.
The webinar will introduce the theory of service quality and discuss the results achieved through the widespread application of LibQUAL+.
The webinar will provide answers to the following main questions:
- How can organizations measure library service quality?
- How can libraries quantify user satisfaction?
- What are the dimensions of LibQUAL+ and how can it be applied?
- What changes have libraries implemented, based on their customer survey results?
Webinar Moderator: Martha Kyrillidou
- Principal at QualityMetrics LLC.
- MLS and M.Ed. from Kent State University.
- PhD from the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign.
- Dr. Martha co-developed and established LibQUAL+ as the premiere survey tool for measuring library service quality across the globe.
- Academic librarians.
- Stakeholders with a particular interest in service quality.
- Stakeholders with a particular interest in how libraries are transforming their operations.
- Places are limited. Early registration guarantees a place.
- Registration will close when the available places are booked.
- Registration will not be valid until you receive a confirmation message..
- Attendees will receive a certificate of participation.
For more information:
- e-mail: email@example.com
- Or call the programs coordinator, Mr. Saied Ali, on+996 11 4770477 2145